Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2011 The Year of Our Lord















Psalm 104:31   "Let the glory of the LORD endure forever; Let the LORD be glad in His works..."

************




Now that the year is almost over....it's that time again to stop and contemplate what a year it has been.


First of all, I know of many families that went through crises of their own: Family members who walked away from their faith claiming they do not believe, fathers who struggled to find stable employment, children who were diagnosed with serious illnesses, homes lost to the economy.

These are heavy burdens!



Faith


Yet one thing I have noticed about these families is that they never lost their faith in 2011. They never let go of God. Instead, they held on tighter than ever before. Oh, I am sure there were times of anger and frustration. But they came away with a stronger knowledge of the God whom they serve and love.  

I have seen how faith goes from strong to stronger as I observed these families in crisis. As a result, it only made my faith grow stronger too, knowing that if the Lord requires of us a certain trial in 2012, He will be faithful to us too. 



Determination

It is through faith that these families also have determination to face whatever it is that God brings to their paths. I often asked myself if my determination would be there in such a crisis as a 15 year old child suffering through stage 4 cancer. Yes, 2011 brought me to my knees in prayers of gratitude and requests for healing. And instead I saw the Lord work many wonders through His people because of the illness of this child. 

Through her crisis, the Lord strengthened the faith of many. Will He heal her?  I do not know. But one thing I do know is that He proves His purpose for each trial exists and we must have faith and hope through the storm. 



2012

What will this next year bring us?  For some...a new job, a new home, a new life. For others? More chemotherapy, more sickness, more concern. Will we have a new president? Will the US economy collapse? Will we find ourselves in complete chaos? 

No matter. God is always in control. He is sovereign over all. Because of this, we can live without fear!

I pray for my family that we will be able to participate in mission trips in 2012. I pray for a book to be published. I pray for a doctorate degree to be started. I also will be in prayers of gratitude throughout the year for all that the Lord has given. 

My prayer for you is that your year be full of peace. That you are surrounded with those you love. May 2012 overflow with God's grace and abundance. May your prayers be answered in ways you never thought possible. And may you accomplish all your goals for yourself this year. 


Worship the Lord. 
Seek Him while He may be found.
 Use all your gifts and talents for Him this year. 
...And give back to Him all that He has given you. 


Happy New Year!!

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment